⏰ 3-5 Minutes 🍸 Classic 💰 Affordable 🏃♀️ Medium
This Paloma Cocktail Recipe is a mixture of Tequila with Grapefruit Juice. The Paloma is the cousin of the Margarita, featuring Tequila with Grapefruit instead of Lime! The Paloma is also a more flavourful drink than its other close relative, the Greyhound, which is a mixture of Grapefruit with Vodka or Gin.
The Paloma Cocktail (Spanish for “dove”) is a popular drink in Mexico. It is believed to be named after a popular folk song called “La Paloma” from the 1800’s.
🍸 If you like this recipe, then why not try out some of our Tequila based cocktail recipes.
🍬 This recipe includes Sugar Syrup. You can check out our simple How To Make Sugar Syrup recipe to make it from scratch.
- 2 shots (50ml) x Tequila (We used Sierra Silver Tequila)
- 1 shot (25ml) x Lime Juice
- 1 shot (25ml) x Sugar Syrup
- 2 & 1/2 shots (75ml) x Grapefruit Juice
- Soda Water to top up
Paloma Cocktail Recipe
- To make the Paloma, start by rubbing the edge of the glass with the lime wedge and then dip the glass edge on to a plate of salt for that authentic; Tequila, lime & salt experience.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, then add the Tequila, Lime Juice, Sugar Syrup & Grapefruit Juice. Shake until the outside of the shaker feels cold.
- Strain the mix into the glass, top up with Soda Water and serve with a wedge of grapefruit.
- Then Sip & Enjoy!
|Tequila||2 x shots (50ml)||1.90||£1.21|
|Lime Juice||1 x shot (25ml)||0.00||£0.02|
|Sugar Syrup||1 x shot (25ml)||0.00||£0.30|
|Grapefruit Juice||2 & 1/2 x shots (75ml)||0.00||£0.09|
|Soda Water||To Top Up||0.00||£0.03|
|225ml||1.90||£1.65 | $2.03* | €1.87*|
*Based off open Open Exchange Rates from GBP total.