⏰ 3 – 5 Minutes 🍸 Classic 💰 Affordable 🏃♀️ Medium Drink Speed
This Harvey Wallbanger Cocktail recipe is our slight twist on the classic, so we’re calling it the Harvey Headbanger as one too many and you may end up with a sore head. We’ve hopefully made it a bit easy to make with ingredients that you may have at home as we know not everyone may have Galliano which is a vanilla-anise liqueur.
The Harvey Wallbanger is a twist itself on the classic screwdriver (Vodka & Orange Juice) with the addition of Galliano. It was developed in 1969 as a marketing campaign by McKensson Imports Company, who were the importers of the Italian Liqueur, as a means of driving sales for it. The creation of the cocktail was credited to world mixologist champion and cocktail consultant Donato Antone, who also came up with the Freddy Fudpucker which switches the vodka for tequila.
📢 Notes: We’ve created an alcohol data set which shows the most commonly used spirits/liqueurs used in cocktails along with the description and alcohol strength percentage. See it here now.
Harvey Wallbanger Cocktail Ingredients
- 2 Shots (50ml) x Vanilla Vodka
- 1/2 Shot (10ml) Sambuca
- 3 Shots (75ml) x Orange Juice
- Wedge of Orange to Garnish
Harvey Wallbanger Cocktail Recipe
- Firstly to make this Harvey Wallbanger Cocktail, fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the Vodka & Orange Juice.
- Shake the shaker until the outside of the shaker goes really cold.
- Add some ice to a tall glass and then strain the contents of the shaker into the glass.
- Top up the glass with some more ice then slowly pour the Sambuca over the top.
- Garnish the drink with a wedge of Orange.
- Serve, Sip and Enjoy!
|£1.86 | $2.36* | €2.17*
*Based off open Open Exchange Rates from GBP total.