⏰ 2-3 minutes 🍸 Popular 💰 Mid-Range 🏃♀️Fast
The Pina Colada Cocktail originates in around 1954 in Puerto Rico, although some stories date variations of the recipe back to before 1825. Puerto Rico proclaimed the cocktail as its official drink in 1978. What we do know for sure is National Piña Colada Day is celebrated on the on 10 July!
Before you make a Piña Colada…
We struggled to make this home friendly, as it’s just one of those drink where you need all the ingredients. So, if you’re wanting to make this drink remember. Prior preparation prevents p**s poor performance… In other words, go shopping…
- 2 shots of Pineapple Juice
- 1.5 shots of White Rum
- 2 shots of Coconut Cream
- 0.5 Shot of Malibu
- Pineapple slices to garnish
Pina Colada Cocktail Recipe
- Pour in the White Rum, Malibu & Pineapple Juice in to a shaker and give a quick stir.
- Then add in the Coconut Cream and shake vigorously until a consistent texture.
- Strain through in to a glass filled with ice and serve with 2 slices of Pineapple on the rim.
- Alternatively this cocktail can be served in a hollow out Pineapple for a full Caribbean beach experience.
|Pineapple Juice||2 x shots (50ml)||0||£0.06|
|White Rum||1.5 shots (35ml)||1.5||£0.64|
|Coconut Cream||2 x shots (50ml)||0||£0.50|
|Malibu||0.5 shot (10ml)||0.5||£0.18|
Different proportions of the core ingredients, as well as different types of rum, may all be used in the Piña Colada. Frozen Piña Colada are also very enjoyable. You can change the rum for all sorts of different spirits. For example, a Scotsman Colada uses Scotch and a Chi chi uses vodka! This drink is super tasty without the alcohol (Virgin Piña Colada).
If you enjoy a creamy cocktail, then you should check out the White Russian.