⏰ 5-6 minutes 🍸 Classic 💰 Expensive 🏃♀️Medium
Its name alternated between The Red Snapper and Bloody Mary in its early existence in the 1930s. The reason behind this is reported that The Bloody Mary sounded ‘too vulgar’ for the King Cole bar in New York where it was served. Nowadays it is the more common named to use, but evidence as to why its name changed back is as cloudy as its appearance!
Before you make the Bloody Mary
Now, before you begin I will warn you that this is a tricky drink to make, not to mention the huge amount of ingredients needed! We tried to make this a little more home friendly, but struggled. You can always skip the Worcestershire Sauce and not bother with creating the salt chilli power to go around the glass.
- 2 shots of vodka
- 100ml of tomato juice
- 10ml fresh lemon juice
- 5-6 dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
- 3-4 dashes of tabasco
- 2-3 pinches of black pepper
- 1 pinch of celery salt
- Cherry tomato
- Celery stick
Bloody Mary Cocktail Recipe
- Mix one part coarse sea salt and one part chilli powder on a flat surface.
- Using your figure, circle the rim of the glass with lemon juice and put the glass face down in the in the salt chilli powered.
- Add the vodka, tomato juice, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce, Tobasco, pepper and celery salt to a shaker filled with ice cubes and shake vigorously!
- Top the glass with ice cubes and strain the content from the shaker into the glass.
- Skewer the celery stick, lemon slice and cherry tomato onto a cocktail stick and add as the finishing touch!
- Enjoy as a daytime drink.
|2 shots (50ml)