⏰ 3-5 minutes 🍸 Unique 💰 Luxury 🏃♀️ Long
This Sparkling Mint & Pink Grapefruit Greyhound Cocktail is a twist on the original Greyhound Cocktail recipe.
The original Greyhound’s origins are thought to be from the United States in the 1930’s as a ‘variation to other Grapefruit Cocktail’s’, suggesting similar recipes were around before this time. The drink was originally a mix of Grapefruit Juice & Gin served over ice. However after 1945 the popularity of Vodka cocktails grew, and so variations appeared whereby the Gin was substituted for Vodka.
The rim of the glass the Greyhound is served in can also be coated in salt and is known as a Salty Dog, this dates back to just after prohibition in the United States (1920 to 1933) whereby the quality of adult beverages was not so appealing.
🍬 This recipe includes Sugar Syrup. You can check out our simple How To Make Sugar Syrup recipe to make it from scratch.
Mint & Pink Grapefruit Greyhound Ingredients
- 1 & 1/2 shots (40ml) x Vodka or Gin (which ever you prefer)
- 3 shots (75ml) x Grapefruit Juice
- 1/2 shot (10ml) x Sugar Syrup
- 1/2 shot (10ml) x Lemon Juice
- A handful of Mint Leaves
- Prosecco to top up
- A handful of Mint Leaves, Grapefruit Segments, Lemon Segments for garnish
Mint & Pink Grapefruit Greyhound Cocktail Recipe
- To make the Sparkling Mint & Pink Grapefruit Greyhound start by tearing up some fresh mint leaves and placing them in a cocktail shaker.
- Add grapefruit and lemon juice to the shaker and then muddle the leaves to release all the minty juices.
- Add the sugar syrup, vodka or gin to the cocktail shaker and give it a good shake.
- Fill a glass with ice and you can also add some mint leaves and lemon & grapefruit segments as a garnish.
- Strain the contents of the shaker in to the glass and top up with Prosecco.
- Then Sip & Enjoy!
|Vodka / Gin||1 & 1/2 x shots (40ml)||1.50||£0.65|
|Lemon Juice||1/2 x shot (10ml)||0.00||£0.01|
|Sugar Syrup||1/2 x shot (10ml)||0.00||£0.15|
|Grapefruit Juice||3 x shots (75ml)||0.00||£0.09|
|Prosecco||To Top Up (around 4 x shots (100ml))||1.36||£1.86|
|235ml||2.86||£2.86 | $3.51* | €3.30*|
*Based off open Open Exchange Rates from GBP total.