⏰ 5-10 minutes 🍸 Tip 💰 Affordable 🏃♀️ Quick
You can buy Sugar Syrup from most supermarkets and groceries stores, but did you know you can make it yourself at home and it only takes five minutes?
Sugar Syrup is a common ingredient in many cocktail recipes. If you remember from our last Learn Article where we looked at the make up of a cocktail we explained in a typical cocktail the formula follows one part sweet, two parts spirit and one part sour. This is perfect for adding that sweet part at a low cost!
- 300g Caster Sugar (we used Granulated Sugar and it worked just the same. It just takes a little longer)
- 150ml Water
- A bottle, we used an old Gin Bottle!
Sugar Syrup Method
- Measure out 300g of caster sugar and add to a saucepan.
- Boil 150ml of water and add to the saucepan.
- Gently simmer on a low boil until all the sugar has completely dissolved in the water.
- Pour in to a bottle and leave to cool (this can take a few hour).
- You now have Sugar Syrup to use for any future cocktail recipes!
If you are wanting a unique and unusual cocktail recipe that you can include this syrup in, then check out our last cocktail recipe called ‘Basil Smash‘.