⏰ 3-5 minutes 🍸 Unique 💰 Affordable 🏃♀️ Medium
The Basil Smash Cocktail is an unusual drink as it features the Basil herb as one of the main components, so we guess it basically makes it one of your five a day. The original Basil Smash Cocktail was created by Jörg Meyer of the Le Lion Bar de Paris (Hamburg) in 2008. It won the “Best New Cocktail” at the 2008 Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Awards.
Note: this recipe includes Sugar Syrup. You can check out our simple How To Make Sugar Syrup recipe to make it from scratch.
❤️ This is one of our favourite recipes. Make sure to check out some of our other favourite recipes.
While you have the basil out, why not try out our Summer Strawberry Basil Smash Recipe?
- 1 & 1/2 shots (40ml) x Gin (We used Hendrick’s Gin)
- 1 shot (25ml) x Lemon Juice
- 1/2 shot (10ml) x Sugar Syrup
- 15 x Basil Leaves + Some for Garnish
- Lemonade to top up
Basil Smash Cocktail Recipe
- To Make the Basil Smash, gently muddle the basil leaves and the lemon juice in a shaker.
- Add the simple syrup and Gin and top up with ice.
- Give the shaker a good shake forcefully for a few minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a rocks glass filled with ice and top up with lemonade, Garnish with basil leaves.
- Then Sip & Enjoy!
|Gin||1 & 1/2 x shots (40ml)||1.50||£0.68|
|Lemon Juice||1 shot (25ml)||0.00||£0.02|
|Sugar Syrup||1/2 x shot (10ml)||0.00||£0.15|
|Basil Leaves||Around 18 Leaves||0.00||£0.05|
|Lemonade||To Top Up||0.00||£0.01|
|180ml||1.50||£0.91 | $1.12* | €1.03*|
*Based off open Open Exchange Rates from GBP total.