⏰ 3 – 5 Minutes 🍸 Classic 💰 Affordable 🏃♀️ Medium
The Mai Tai is a real blend of flavours and a cocktail menu classic. It is thought that the Mai Tai dates back to the 1940s, although some think its basis dates back further to the 1930s. However it became most popular in 1950s when it was introduced to Hotels in Hawaii, the cocktail became so well known that it was called locally the ‘top tourist tantalizer’.
The name Mai Tai is rumoured to be taken from the Tahitian word ‘maitai’i’ meaning good or excellence.
☀️ If you like this recipe, then why not try out our other Summer Cocktail Recipes.
👪 This recipe serves 1.
Mai Tai Ingredients
- 1 shot (25ml) x Golden Rum (We used Mount Gay Eclipse Barbados Golden Rum)
- 1 shot (25ml) x Dark Rum (We used Captain Morgan’s Dark Rum)
- 2 shots (50ml) x Pineapple Juice
- 1 shot (25ml) x Lime Juice
- 1 shot (25ml) x Sugar Syrup
- 1/2 shot (10ml) x Angostura Bitters
- Garnish with a Wedge of Pineapple
Mai Tai Cocktail Recipe
- To make this Mail Tai Cocktail, pour the Golden Rum, Angostura Bitters, Lime Juice, Sugar Syrup and Pineapple Juice into a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice.
- Shake the shaker until the outside of the shaker goes cold.
- Fill a glass with ice and then strain the shaker contents in to the glass.
- Slowly pour over the Dark Rum and garnish with a wedge of Pineapple.
- Sip & Enjoy!
|Golden Rum||1 x shot (25ml)||1.00||£0.64|
|Dark Rum||1 x shot (25ml)||1.00||£0.61|
|Pineapple Juice||2 x shots (50ml)||0.00||£0.05|
|Lime Juice||1 x shot (25ml)||0.00||£0.02|
|Sugar Syrup||1 x shot (25ml)||0.00||£0.30|
|Angostura Bitters||1/2 x shot (10ml)||0.56||£0.63|
|160ml||2.56||£2.25 | $2.75* | €2.55*|
*Based off open Open Exchange Rates from GBP total.