⏰ 2-3 minutes 🍸 Upmarket 💰 Expensive 🏃♀️Slow
The Espresso Martini was invented in London in 1983 by Dick Bradsell at Soho Brasserie when an up and coming supermodel sidled up to the bar and asked for a cocktail with coffee to wake her up. It was originally christened the ‘Vodka Espresso’.
If you enjoy coffee flavoured cocktails, have a look at our article on how to make How To Make Coffee Liqueur. Alternatively, the Black and White Russian are coffee based cocktails.
- 2 shots of Vodka (we used Absolut)
- 1 shot of Coffee Liqueur (we used Kahlua)
- 1 shots of freshly brewed espresso coffee
- 0.5 Shot of Sugar Syrup
- Coffee beans to garnish
Espresso Martini Cocktail Recipe
- Pour in a shaker filled with a few ice cubes the sugar syrup, coffee liqueur, espresso coffee, and vodka and shake until the shaker turns cold.
- Strain in to martini glasses and garnish with coffee beans and then sip away.
|Vodka (Absolut)||2 x shots (50ml)||2||£0.85|
|Coffee Liqueur (Kahlua)||1 x shot (25ml)||0.5||£0.58|
|Espresso Coffee||1 x shot (25ml)||0||£0.20|
|Sugar Syrup||0.5 shot (10ml)||0||£0.28|