⏰ 5-10 minutes 🍸 Unique 💰 Affordable 🏃♀️ Slow Drink Speed
The Caipirinha is the national cocktail of Brazil. Its origins date back to the 19th century, where it was created by sugar cane land owners as a local drink for luxury events and parties to reflect the strong sugar cane culture in the region.
The Caipirinha is also known to be used as a home remedy for the common cold.
Note: this recipe includes Sugar Syrup. You can check out our simple How To Make Sugar Syrup recipe to make it from scratch.
- 1 Pineapple
- 6 shots x Lime Juice
- 6 shots x Sugar Syrup
- 400ml (16 shots) x White Rum
- 800ml (32 shots) x Pineapple Juice
Caipirinha Cocktail Recipe
- Core the pineapple and cut into 3cm chunks.
- Place a few small handfuls of pineapple, the lime juice, half the mint and the sugar into a large jug and mash up with the end of a muddler or a fat wooden spoon.
- Pour in the rum and a little crushed ice, then pour into glasses, and add more crushed ice. Pour the pineapple juice over, filling to the rim. Garnish the glasses with extra mint sprigs and pieces of pineapple.
- Sip and Enjoy!
|Lime Juice||6 x shots (150ml)||0.00||£0.12|
|Sugar Syrup||6 x shots (150ml)||0.00||£1.80|
|White Rum||16 x shots (400ml)||16.00||£6.88|
|Pineapple Juice||32 x shots (800ml)||0.00||£0.96|
|1,500ml||16.00||£9.76 ($11.99* €11.25*)|
*Based off Open Exchange Rates from GBP total.