⏰ 5-10 minutes 🍸 Unique 💰 Luxury 🏃♀️ Long
This Mint Julep Recipe is a super simple whisky cocktail to make, only requiring 4 ingredients. It is traditionally served in a pewter cup however it can be served in a rocks or highball glass.
The term “Julep” is derived from the Spanish Arabic “Julepe”, which comes from the Persian “Golâb”, meaning rosewater. The Mint Julep originated from Southern United States during the eighteenth century. The earliest known mentions come from 1770 to 1784 whereby it is referenced as being a medicinal concoction for dealing with stomach sickness. The Mint Julep is now best known for being the signature drink of the Kentucky Derby, where over 120,000 Mint Julep’s are served over two days.
🍬 This recipe includes Sugar Syrup. You can check out our simple How To Make Sugar Syrup recipe to make it from scratch.
Mint Julep Ingredients
- 2 shots (50ml) x Bourbon (We Used Jim Beam White Kentucky)
- 1 shot (25ml) x Sugar Syrup
- Handful of Mint Leaves and some for garnish
Mint Julep Cocktail Recipe
- To make the Mint Julep, muddle the bourbon, mint leaves and sugar syrup in a shaker. Then add some ice to the shaker and give it a shake.
- Strain into a glass or a traditional pewter cup filled with crushed ice.
- Give the drink a stir and then top with more crushed ice and garnish with a sprig of Mint.
- Then Sip & Enjoy!
|Bourbon Whisky||2 x shots (50ml)||2.00||£1.39|
|Sugar Syrup||1 x shot (25ml)||0.00||£0.30|
|100ml||2.00||£1.84 | $2.25* | €2.09*|
*Based off open Open Exchange Rates from GBP total.