We visited the Tequila Mockingbird Wimbledon Cocktail Bar and here’s our review! And before you ask, no this is not a sponsored post.
LONDON’S FAVOURITE INDEPENDENT COCKTAIL BARS!Tequila Mockingbird
First off we nearly didn’t get in. Roger was wearing a jacket with a hood (because it was raining) and the bouncer didn’t like the look of this as they have a smart dress code – not something which was stated on the website! Luckily, Roger had a nice shirt on under so we were ok!
After booking online and paying a £10 deposit per person we arrived at 6pm ready for our man vs cocktail challenge at Tequila Mockingbird in Wimbledon. Happy Hour is daily from 5-8pm where you can get 2-4-1 on all cocktails. We had our table booked from 6-8pm, which was plenty of time to sample to menu, but the next party wasn’t due until 10pm so we could have easily stayed longer if we wanted. By around 7:30pm the bar was busy. They had a good choice in music which wasn’t too loud.
Tequila Mockingbird’s Service
Tequila Mockingbird operates table service and are efficient with delivering the drinks. I had been pre-warned they were a little slow, so this was a nice surprise. Even when the bar was full it didn’t take longer than 10 minutes to receive our drinks. When it did take a little longer we were kept well informed by the staff on the whereabouts of our drinks.
We were served by Abby who was friendly and very helpful when advising which cocktails to try!
Tequila Mockingbird’s Cocktails
We ended up sampling nearly the whole menu. I’ve listed below the drinks we had:
- Long Island Ice Tea – Pretty standard, can’t go wrong here.
- Dirty Gin Martini – Very well made, but an enquired taste!
- Pornstar Martini – Classic, done well.
- Midnight Kiss – We’d never heard of this, but this was their standout drink!
- Disney Princess – Sweet and refreshing.
- Watermelon Cooler – We like the look of this one
- Mojito – Standard, again done well.
- Caribbean Sailor – Nice drink which I strongly recommend.
For 18 drinks we paid £83 (~£4.60 per cocktail). This is INCREDIBLE prices for London.
So what’s our overall review of Tequila Mockingbird Cocktail Bar? Yep I’m going to give this a ‘Home Cocktail Club’ five star rating. Why? Well, for the price they made some very good cocktails with quick service!
Room for improvement
- Space – Not sure Public Health England would agree it was 100% “Covid Secure” with how close we were sitting to the table next to us with no shield!